Saturday, February 12, 2011

Excel Project

Hi Everyone,


   I had fun going through this assignment in Excel.  Some of the items were familiar to me as I had used them before,  like formatting of cells,  renaming of worksheets, and copying of formulas down a column of cells.   I have also added columns and created formulas before.
 
   The issues that were new to me were the pivot tables,  and doing the screen capture. 
I had to review the videos again for the pivot tables and I also used the discussion on the course website to find solutions.  The problem with the pivot tables were were determining which columns you needed and where to put them in the pivot table.  I played with it for awhile moving things around and learned quite a bit.  I have worked with Sql before and have built queries for tables so it did not seem too foreign.
I can now see why pivot tables are very powerful for using Excel.  In addition, the course discussion reference for the snipping tool was greatly appreciated and I used to for the second pivot table.


   I like the way the exercise guided me through the steps and made me reference the videos, Excel Help,  and discussion on the course website.  That is how things are done in the real world,  where a user needs to exhaust all their resources before asking for help. 


Go Gators !
Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment