Sunday, March 6, 2011

Project: Presentation blog

Hi all, 

This is the link to my video on You Tube:

   Early on, I committed to doing this presentation on PowerPoint because I had used it before and was familiar with it.  I ran into a problem with file that resulted and You Tube would not accept the PowerPoint format.  I then saved it as a WMV file and then was able to upload it with no problems.  I also saw that other students used other tools like Microsoft MovieMaker and I thought I would use that next time as it looked very easy to use.  I would now like to create a video regarding 'best practices' for my area of
expertise in supporting data warehousing for my company.    
   What I learned from the project was to try several of the tools and to be careful with file formats.  In addition,  using a storyboard helped alot because I was able to limit the scope of the project and organize the objects used and general concept of 'what goes where, when'.
     I tried to use the first picture to grab attention and to plainly state the fact of obesity being a tremendous problem.     I think I got the basic flow right ,  first stating the problem,  then impact , and then what people can do about it.   I was trying to clarify the causes that people can attribute to obesity by asking is it caused by 'video games ,
fast food,  reduced physical activity. 
     I tried to avoid clutter and expand in the comments area instead on on the slide and the same for readability.   Perhaps more time could have been given to read the slides before I started talking but I speak fairly slowly so I am not sure if anyone had a problem with this. 
     I have been personally close to the diabetes problem and may have spent too much time on it - but it is really one of the worse outcomes from childhood obesity and I felt it deserves attention.   
Go Gators!
Wayne 

No comments:

Post a Comment